«Communication through Improvisation in Dance» (joint project with Andrii Onopriienko)
Frankfurt am Main
Self-description, education & work experience:
Anastasiia Goncharenko, who is 32 years old, was born in Chernihiv (Ukraine). She is a dancer, teacher and organiser of «The Vibe» project, dedicated to education and popularisation of hip-hop dance style in Ukraine, as well as abroad. Besides, she is a member of Mad State Crew.
Anastasiia has been dancing and teaching for around 15 years.
She represented Ukraine in numerous street dance festivals around the world as a dancer, performer and lector or the workshops, as well as a judge in such countries as Belarus, Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France, Italy, USA, Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Spain, China, Austria, Slovakia, Portugal, Thailand, Switzerland.
Anastasia has a huge number of individual international achievements over the past 7 years, such as:
1) «SDK Poland» (Category: Hip-Hop Female; Winner);
2) «SDK Europe» (Category: Hip-Hop Female; reached 1/4 final);
3) «Juste Debout» in Amsterdam (reached 1/2 final);
4) «Suzhou Battle» in China (Category: Hip-Hop; winner);
5) «All Eyez Battle» in China (Category: Hip-Hop; winner);
6) «Top Freestyle Battle» in China (Category: 2×2; winner);
7) «SDK Ukraine» (Category: Hip-Hop Female; winner);
8) «SDK Ukraine» (Category: 5×5; winner as a part of Mad state crew);
9) «Juste Debout» in Slovakia in 2018 (Category: Hip-Hop 2×2; winner);
10) «Juste Debout» in Bangkok in 2019 (winner);
11) «Groove n move» in Switzerland (reached 1/2 final) and many, many more.
Moreover, Anastasiia participated in a number of competitions with different teams:
1) performed as a member of Mad State Crew at the qualifiers of «SDK Ukraine», where they won. Afterwards they danced at the «SDK Czech Republic», where they reached 1/2 finals (2015);
2) performed as a member of a team in the television project «Ukraine Got Talent» (2012);
3) as a part of BFF Team, Anastasiia won 1st place at the festival «Hip-Hop International Ukraine». Then they represented Ukraine at the final part of this festival in LA (2011).
Introduction to the project:
Anastasiia Goncharenko is a dancer, teacher, organizer of one of the biggest hip-hop dance events in Europe – «The Vibe». Together with her colleague Andrii Onopriienko she wants to get acquainted with the German dance scene and exchange ideas about the expertise of «cypher», the process of education and training.
Description of the project:
As an introduction, Anastasiia and Andrii put some of the most significant questions in the dance community out there: how can dance promote communication? How do people understand each other without spoken language? What do they understand about each other? What is the function of the body in this? What forms of collective knowledge do the individuals draw on? And what methods of improvisation that we know from conversations help to first find out where the common ground is?
Anastasiia Goncharenko and Andrii Onoprienko are newcomers to Germany and have been performing artistic battles together in Ukraine for over 15 years, bringing people together through battles, understanding and celebrating the form of the battle as a form of communication. Now they are in Germany and want to investigate what kind of battle culture exists here, what dance forms are in demand, what dance forms people personally find exciting in German dance culture and what Anastasiia and Andrii themselves can bring to this culture.
Together they will use the structure of the battle to approach and communicate with an artistic community they do not know yet. After they have dealt with the scene itself in the first step, they want to take a look at the younger artists (their second step) and encourage them to dance together. They want to share their knowledge with the young generation of dancers and try to create a space for their self-development, as well as give them as much information as possible. In doing so, they see „cypher“ as an important form of exchange and communication in hip-hop improvisation. People communicate with each other through dance, showing their ideas, technique and feeling for the music. Anastasiia Goncharenko and Andrii Onoprienko are curious about the German dance scene and look forward to the exchange.
More videos of Anastasiia‘s style and dance: